I recently made Chocolate cupcakes and Billy's vanilla cupcakes with the chocolate buttercream frosting (I cut the cupcakes in half, made them half chocolate and half vanilla, filled them with buttercream icing, and topped them off with the icing too). I devoured them before any photo's could be taken... BUT I did recently bake my sister's advisory a brownie cake, so I'll put a post on that up soon! This time with pictures!
So if anyone has any recipes they'd like to see being made and tested (by me, family, and friends), leave a comment and I'll get to it ASAP.
Follow me :)
Recipes for cupcakes found at www.marthastewart.com:
Butterlane's Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 40 standard muffin cups with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chocolate and beat on medium speed until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture in three parts, alternating with 1 cup water and beginning and ending with flour; beat until just combined, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Fill prepared muffin cups three-quarters full with batter. Transfer to oven and bake for 10 minutes. Rotate muffin pans and continue baking until a cake tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 10 minutes more. Let cool completely before frosting.
Makes about 30 cupcakes
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Billy's Vanilla Buttercream
- Alternate frosting: Billy's Chocolate Buttercream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining batter. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a small offset spatula to frost tops of each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve at room temperature.
Bake, and test 'em, then tell me how you liked them!