Saturday, February 26, 2011

Creamy Goodness

It's been a while since I last posted something, sorry about that. I've just been overwhelmed with stuff, and I haven't had any time to post anything.


With that being said, I have more post ideas, but I still need to find the time to publish them all! But to start, I'll start small, I made this Fettuccini Alfredo recipe, which I must say was DELICIOUS.  With added pan fried chicken pieces... heaven.


I devoured it before I remembered to take pictures (I do that too often...). So I don't have any pictures BUT I slightly adapted this recipe from Smells Like Home.


Recipe for Fettuccini Alfredo:
Ingredients:
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup half and half
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter (may need more)
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
9 ounces fresh fettuccine (you can also use more if you would like, I used a whole box of fettuccine (500g))
1 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

Garlic and italian seasonings (such as basil) to taste


Directions:




1.  Bring 4 1/2 quarts of water (or however much you need for your pasta) to a boil.
2.  As water is coming to a boil, heat 1 cup of heavy cream and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.  Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and gently simmer until the mixture has reduced to about 2/3 cup, 12-15 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in half and half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
3.  Add 1 Tablespoon of salt to the boiling water and add pasta.  Cook until  al dente (or however you like to enjoy your pasta).  Reserve 1/4 cup cooking water and drain pasta.
4.  Return cream to a simmer over medium-high heat.  Reduce the heat to low again and add the pasta, Parmesan, nutmeg, garlic, and italian seasonings.  Toss gently with tongs to coat the pasta, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.  Stir in the reserved pasta water.  Stir some more, and voila, your meal is done.
NOTE: The sauce might seem thin, but it will thicken as it begins to cool and is served.
This recipe goes great accompanied with Garlic Bread which I adapted the recipe from All Recipes. 
Instead of Normal bread I used Foccaccia, I pretty much used all the ingredients but not in the order, or following the directions at all.  I also toasted mine in the oven, but I found that the toaster oven set on "broil" did produce a more fluffy, soft texture for the bread.  Though the normal oven almost did the same job.

So I suggest you try this recipe, because I guarantee you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment